Military Construction Consultant (OMD)
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the coordination, direction, monitoring and tracking of construction, renovation, maintenance and repair projects involving buildings, structures, facilities and grounds under the control of the Oklahoma Military Department. Incumbents in this class are responsible for directing and coordinating activities related to military construction projects on a statewide basis as a representative of the Oklahoma National Guard. They will determine construction requirements at units throughout the state, develop proposed projects, serve as liaison to contractors, architects and engineers and administer project activities at various on-site locations, including inspecting work in progress and approving completed projects on behalf of the agency.
- Advises and confers with architects, engineers, and contractors on project design, structural requirements, mechanical and electrical systems and equipment to ensure their compliance with all applicable codes and regulations.
- Conducts interim inspections of construction, renovation, maintenance and repair projects in progress.
- Conducts meetings with contractors and users to coordinate plans, designs and construction.
- Identifies and coordinates construction, renovation, maintenance and repair needs involving buildings, structures, facilities and grounds
- Supervises the preparation of reports and correspondence on work in progress.
- Evaluates time and budget constraints considering variables such as availability of manpower, materials, funds, weather conditions, scope of projects and special needs.
- Develops and administers the Warranty Inspection Program for the Oklahoma Military Department.
- Interprets and communicates State, Federal and military regulations and directions to civilian contractors.
- Liaison with contractors; supervises professional and technical support personnel.
Level I: Code: F73A Salary Band: L
This is the basic level of this job family where employees are assigned duties and responsibilities in a training status to build their skills in administering infrastructure improvement projects under the control of the Oklahoma Military Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of modern construction methods and techniques; of basic architectural and engineering principles; of state and federal laws and regulations related to purchasing and contracting; of the trades and crafts used in general construction; of army and National Guard regulations concerning construction, renovation and repair of buildings and other structures; and of the principles and practices of supervision and management. Ability is required to direct and coordinate the work of others; to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to read and interpret blueprints, plans and specifications; to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; and to evaluate compliance with construction plans, time schedules and budget estimates.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of a bachelor's degree in architecture, construction or engineering, or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience in construction, architecture or engineering, substituting one year of qualifying professional experience for each year of the required education.
Level II: Code: F73B Salary Band: M
This is the career level of the job family where employees are assigned duties and responsibilities to administer design and construction projects under the control of the Oklahoma Military Department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include those identified in Level I, plus ability to coordinate or direct more complex projects.
Education and Experience requirements at this level include those identified in Level I plus two (2) additional years of professional experience in construction, architecture or engineering; or a master’s degree in architecture, construction, or engineering plus one (1) year of qualifying professional experience.
Level III: Code: F73C Salary Band: N
This is the specialist level where employees are routinely assigned independent responsibility at the advanced level in administering design and construction projects. Employees at this level may have a clear specialization in an architecture or engineering discipline and may be recognized as an expert in the specialty.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include those identified in Level II, plus advanced knowledge of engineering and architecture as it relates to a specific job responsibility.
Education and experience requirements at this level consist of those identified in level ii plus three (3) additional years of qualifying professional experience.
In accordance with Title 44 O.S. Section 21.1, positions in this job family may require membership in the Oklahoma National Guard at the discretion of the Adjutant General.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.