Executive Assistant to Executive Director
The position in this job family is assigned responsibilities which involve planning, organizing, coordinating and directing professional service activities, operations and programs of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission. In this role, the incumbent will advise the Executive Director on current problems and issues involving the operations of the agency and perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
- Advises the Executive Director on current problems and issues of the day-to-day operations of the agency; assists in interpreting laws and regulations concerning employment services, unemployment insurance, veterans services, appeals, assessments and reviews; consults with division directors and other staff as needed.
- Responds to inquiries referred to the Executive Director’s office concerning problems related to various programs administered by the agency; receives, analyzes and gathers pertinent data; interviews individuals contacting the Executive Director; determines priority and disposition of inquiries; concludes problems and consults with the Executive Director and division directors on unresolved issues.
- Directs studies of needs; reviews and analyzes information from studies and projects for immediate and long range development; consults with program administrators and managers and other interested groups for the proper interpretation.
- Participates as a member of the Administrative staff in top level management meetings involving the formulation, development and effectuation of policy regulations and programs and in recommending the development or modification of legislation to further refine and effect a more efficient and sophisticated operation.
- Plans and cooperates with administrators and managers in the development of cooperative system-wide policies and procedures for services to clients, employees, applicants, and the public.
- Represents the agency in meetings with other government officials, members of the legislature, employers, claimants, and the general public; serves on special committees as assigned.
Level I: Code: Salary Band: O
This job family consists of only one level and the incumbent employee is responsible for performing all essential functions related to the position.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of federal and state laws pertaining to the administration of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission; of policies, rules and procedures of the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission; of the principles and practices of public administration; and of employment services, unemployment insurance, veterans services, appeals, assessments, reviews, and various other programs administered by the Oklahoma Employment Security Commission. Ability is required to coordinate and arrange meetings and conferences; to prepare correspondence; to interpret current labor statistics; to evaluate programs; and to express ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience requirements consist of a bachelor’s degree and seven years of professional experience in public employment service operations, including three years in a managerial or administrative capacity or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
No substitution will be allowed for the three years of managerial or administrative experience.