Positions in this job family are involved in providing routine nonprofessional religious services in the religious program of a state hospital, institution or facility.
- Assist with religious services and activities.
- Assists in supervising religious musical groups and/or furnishing religious music.
- Escorts patients, inmates, students or residents to religious activities.
- Provides supportive, non-professional counseling.
- Assists with physical upkeep and maintenance.
Level I: Code: Z53A Salary Band: F
This job family consists of only one level and employees are responsible for performing all functions related to assisting professional chaplains with religious services, activities and clerical functions in a state hospital, institution or facility.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of the practices and beliefs of major religious groups. Ability is required to lead group sessions; to maintain simple records; to provide supportive non-professional counseling; and to follow oral and written instructions; and to effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of six months of experience in a religious program leading group sessions, or closely related work at a non-professional level OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.