Central Service Worker
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving routine tasks related to the care and accountability of medical equipment, drugs and other medical supplies for a state school, hospital, institution or facility. This includes sterilizing instruments and filling requisitions for supplies.
- Cleans, wraps and makes up packages of linens, supplies, sets and instruments for sterilizing, following standardized procedures; may clean and sterilize reusable medical supplies.
- Operates sterilization equipment, including manipulating the controls and timing the procedure.
- Places sterile supplies and materials in appropriate bins.
- Fills requisitions for equipment, materials and drugs.
- Maintains supply carts.
- Delivers requisitions from registered nurses to pharmacy.
- Checks mechanical equipment; checks inventory and reports breakage.
- Answers phone; assists doctors and nurses by issuing and receiving supplies.
- Orders medical supplies/materials to replenish inventory levels.
Level I: Code: Z15A Salary Band: D
This job family consists of only one level and employees are responsible for performing all functions related to maintaining and issuing medical supplies and equipment, including picking up drugs from the pharmacy, and delivering drugs, supplies and equipment to assigned units.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required include knowledge of routine maintenance and sterilization of medical supplies and equipment; and of sanitation and personal hygiene. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions; and to maintain effective working relationships with others.
Education and Experience: None required.