Asbestos Supply Officer
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the procurement, processing and handling of supplies, equipment and other materials used in the Department of Central Services Asbestos Abatement Program; provides supervision to inmate workers and field personnel as assigned.
• Serves as liaison to the Central Purchasing Division in the procurement of various asbestos removal equipment and supplies; prepares purchase orders on non-encumbered contracts and authority orders; maintains orders and vendor files.
• Insures the receipt, storage and shipment or delivery of all asbestos abatement materials and supplies; checks consignments against invoices, bills of lading or other shipping documents; insures materials are properly stored and maintained.
• Conducts inventories of physical stock; maintains perpetual inventory records.
• Fills requisitions and issues material and supplies to meet the weekly field order list.
• Schedules and performs routine equipment maintenance.
• Picks up and delivers supplies and material to the warehouse.
• Operates materials handling equipment.
• Maintains warehouse in a clean and orderly manner.
• Assists in the cleaning and HEPA vacuuming of all equipment returned from the job site; may perform operations and maintenance work when needed.
Level I: Code: F61A Salary Band: E
The Asbestos Supply Officer job family consists of only one level and incumbent employees are responsible for performing all essential functions related to the positions to which assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of materials and equipment used in asbestos abatement; of warehouse and supply practices; of procurement laws and regulations; and of inventory procedures and record keeping. Ability is required to maintain accurate supply inventories; to prepare requisitions and purchase orders; and to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of possession of a valid Oklahoma Department of Labor asbestos abatement worker license and two years of experience in stock handling or warehousing.
Possession of a valid Oklahoma drivers license; must attend annual asbestos refresher course and pass annual asbestos physical examination.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.