Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities related to the direction and administration of the asbestos program. In this role they will manage, coordinate and monitor the field activities of asbestos abatement crews.
The functions within this job family will vary by level, but may include the following:
- Ensures compliance with the project design.
- Provides technical assistance to the crew chief to resolve problems at job sites.
- Reviews field inspection reports and follow-up to ensure timely response.
- Determines requirements, schedules and monitors progress of jobs; performs on-site inspections for safety conditions; obtains motel bids for crews as required.
- Reviews and approves weekly field requests for material and equipment.
- Serves as liaison between division office and job site for inspections, reports and utilization of work force.
- Conducts initial inspections of proposed jobs; determines requirements, costs and responsibility.
- Organizes resources which will best achieve asbestos program goals.
- Develops and maintains relationships with various state agencies, school administrators, employees and others involved in the asbestos program.
The Asbestos Abatement Superintendent job family consists of two levels which are distinguished based on the extent of the responsibility assigned, level of expertise required and complexity of operations.
Level I: Code: F63A Salary Band: L
At this level employees are assigned responsibilities involving the direction, monitoring and coordination of the field activities of the asbestos crews, and will have responsibility for supervising one or more asbestos crews.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include knowledge of managerial principles and practices; of federal and state laws, regulations, policies and procedures relating to asbestos abatement. Ability is required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others; to coordinate multiple projects; to solve problems in a practical and timely manner; and to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of the possession of a valid Oklahoma Department of Labor asbestos abatement supervisor license and four years of experience in asbestos abatement, including two years in a supervisory capacity.
Level II: Code: F63B Salary Band: M
At this level employees are assigned responsibilities involving coordination and direction of all phases of the asbestos program.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include those identified in Level I plus additional ability is required to plan and develop administrative duties.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of those identified in Level I plus one additional year in a supervisory capacity.
Possession of a valid Oklahoma driver’s license; must attend annual asbestos refresher course and pass annual asbestos physical examination.
Applicants must be willing and able to fulfill all job-related travel normally associated with this position.
At Level II applicants must be eligible for the Oklahoma Department of Labor asbestos abatement contractor license within six months of appointment.