Asbestos Equipment/Vehicle Operator
Positions in this job family are assigned responsibilities involving the operation and maintenance of a variety of equipment/vehicles in support of the Asbestos Abatement Program.
• Cleans, services and maintains equipment used in asbestos removal.
• Transports waste trailers to job sites and performs waste disposal operation from job site to approved landfill.
• Cleans all decontamination equipment with an HEPA vacuum on return to the warehouse.
• Maintains the vehicle service schedule and ensures vehicles are available when needed.
• Ensures trucks, equipment and supplies are loaded and ready for crew use.
• Assists in the unloading and storage of material at the warehouse.
• Serves as back-up asbestos worker when crews are short-handed.
Level I: Code: F60A Salary Band: E
The Asbestos Equipment/Vehicle Operator job family consists of only one level and incumbent employees are responsible for performing all functions related to the position to which assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required at this level include skill to drive and maneuver trucks and trailers; knowledge is required of procedures for disposal of asbestos waste material; and of motor vehicle maintenance requirements. Ability is required to follow oral and written instructions.
Education and Experience requirements at this level consist of none.
Possession of a valid Oklahoma drivers license and possession of a current Department of Labor asbestos abatement worker license; must attend annual asbestos refresher course and pass annual asbestos physical examination.
NOTE: Extensive statewide travel required.