Children’s Hearing Aid Program
The Oklahoma School for the Deaf administers this children’s hearing aid program for school-age children in Oklahoma. Children who have no other means to obtain a hearing aid should apply. The program will provide two hearing aids per qualifying child. Applications should be made through OSD's Telecommunication Program. Parents will be required to provide proof of family income and a signed statement that their child is unable to obtain hearing aids through Medicaid or private insurance.
After approval, children will be evaluated by the audiologist from the OSD list. All evaluations will be done at OSD in Sulphur. Based on the audiologist’s evaluation and recommendation, the child’s hearing aids will be ordered through the program.
How to Apply
Application should be made through the Oklahoma School for the Deaf Telecommunication Program, download application here.
How to Qualify
- School-age children in Oklahoma.
- For children who have no other means to obtain a hearing aid
- Applications should be made through the OSD Equipment Distribution Program.
- Proof of household income
- A signed insurance waiver is required stating that hearing aids cannot be obtained through insurance.
Children's Hearing Aid Program
1100 E. Oklahoma Avenue
Sulphur, OK 73086
Office: (580) 622-4913
Toll Free: (866) 309-1717
Video Phone: (405) 294-3977