Oklahoma residents win awards
OKLAHOMA CITY — Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services is proud to announce the winners for the Client of the Year for local offices, programs and divisions. These clients were nominated due to their diligence and dedication to taking the steps necessary for an independent lifestyle.
The winners of Client of the Year 2022 are:
- Aaron Place for the Vocational Rehabilitation office in Alva.
- Madeline Hill VR’s Ardmore office.
- Barbara Hall for the SBVI office in Oklahoma City.
- Carl Lee for SBVI’s Chickasha office.
- David Martin for the VR office in Edmond.
- Tom Hopper for the Older Blind and Visually Impaired program, and SBVI office in McAlester.
- Wyatt Hubbard for the VR office in McAlester
- Collier Holland for the SBVI office in Central Oklahoma
- Elbin Carrillo for School for the Blind
- RyJan Reininger for School for the Deaf
“I want to congratulate each of our designated award recipients of the year,” DRS Executive Director Melinda Fruendt, said. “I am very proud each of these individuals with disabilities trusted in the work of our agency to assist and provide excellent services for their future success.”
Among the winners were nominees from the DRS’ two schools -- Oklahoma School for the Blind in Muskogee and Oklahoma School for the Deaf in Sulphur.
“Our students at both schools work extremely hard to begin building a career pathway,” Fruendt said. “I’m very proud of our students of the year and wish them much success in their futures. Success is measured in different ways and looks very different to everyone. It’s recognition these clients and students are on a path to achieve their goals and dreams.”
Oklahoma Department of Rehabilitation Services annually assists more than 76,100 Oklahomans with disabilities.