TANF State Plan - Appendix C
Oklahoma will operate a program to provide Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) so that the children may be cared for in their own homes or in the home of relatives; to end dependence of needy parents on government benefits by promoting job preparation, work and marriage; to prevent and reduce the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies and establish annual numerical goals for preventing and reducing the incidence of these pregnancies; and encourage the formation and maintenance of two-parent families.
The program is known as Temporary Assistance to Needy Families.
The Executive Office of the State of Oklahoma is the Honorable Mary Fallin, Governor.
In administering and operating a program which provides Temporary Assistance to Needy Families with minor children under title IV-A of the Social Security Act, Oklahoma will:
- Specify which State agency will administer and supervise the program under part A in all political subdivisions of Oklahoma.
- The Department of Human Services is the agency responsible for administering and supervising the program.
- Assure that the local governments and private sector organizations:
- Have been consulted regarding the plan and design of welfare services in Oklahoma so that services are provided in a manner appropriate to local populations; and
- Have had at least 45 days to submit comments on the plan and the design of such services.
- Operate a Child Support Enforcement program under the State plan approved under part D.
- Operate a Foster Care and Adoption Assistance program in accordance with part E and certify that the State will take all necessary action to ensure that children receive assistance are eligible for medical assistance.
- Provide each member of an Indian Tribe, who is domiciled in Oklahoma and is not eligible for assistance under a Tribal Family Assistance plan approved under Section 412, with equitable access to assistance under Oklahoma's program funded under this part attributable to funds provided by the Federal Government.
- Establish and enforce standards and procedures to ensure against program fraud and abuse, individuals responsible for the administration and supervision of the State program.
- Make available to the public a summary of the state plan.
CERTIFIED BY THE CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICE OF THE STATE:
Signed: Mary Fallin, Governor
Dated: November 7, 2017