Office of Background Investigations (OBI)
Elements of a Child Care Background Check
- A national Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) fingerprint criminal history check
- An Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigations (OSBI) fingerprint criminal history check
- An Oklahoma Sex Offender Registry search
- Oklahoma Violent Offender Registry (Mary Rippy)
- Restricted Registry (Joshua’s List)
- Oklahoma State Courts Network (OSCN)
- On Demand Court Records (ODCR)
- Oklahoma Department of Corrections OK Offender search (DOC)
- National Sex Offender Registry
- Nontechnical Services Worker Registry
- Community Services Worker Registry
- An NCIC National Sex Offender Registry Check
Additionally, if an individual has lived outside of Oklahoma during the previous 5 years, the following out-of-state checks are also required:
- A Name-based criminal history for each state the individual has lived in during the previous 5 years.
- A Child Abuse and Neglect Information Search (CANIS) for each state the individual has lived in during the previous 5 years.
- A Sex Offender Registry search for each state the individual has lived in during the previous 5 years.
Click here for information on obtaining required out-of-state information.