Skip to main content

Family Support Assistance

Family Support Assistance payments - This is a cash payment program for families who are caring for children under age 18 at home. In this program, families can receive payments of $250-$400 per month depending on the number of children with disabilities in the home. Families who meet the income eligibility may choose this State-funded cash payment in lieu of Medicaid Home and Community-Based services.


  • Be younger than 18 years of age;

  • Have an intellectual disability or other developmental disability per 10 O.S. § 1408;

  • Reside with the family, per OAC 340:100-13-1(c); and

  • Not receive services through a Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) Waiver.

  • Live in Oklahoma;

  • Have an annual gross adjusted income that does not exceed $45,000; and

  • Be headed by a biological parent, adoptive parent, or legal guardian of the eligible child.  A child living with an adoptive parent(s) who receives adoption assistance from any source is not eligible for the Family Support Assistance Payment Program.

How to Apply and Who to Contact:

For questions about applying, contact Bryan Maeen at (405) 982-3291 or Guy Freeman at (405) 213-4981 or

What to Bring:

  • A copy of the child's Social Security card, or other approved form of Social Security number

  • A signed copy of your most recent federal income tax return and verification, such as

  • Supplemental Security Income (SSI), child support, alimony, or other subsidy;

  • Section 5, Developmental disabilities verification, page 3 of this application, which
    requires signature by the child's doctor, school, or SoonerStart designee;

  • A copy of current psychological evaluations; and

  • A copy of legal guardianship established by the court, when applicable.

Back to Top