Advisory Committee on Services to Persons with Developmental Disabilities
Thursday, January 10, 2019
10 a.m. – Room C-47 Sequoyah State Office Building
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1. CALL TO ORDER – Wanda Felty, Chairperson;
- Robin Arter, Marcellius Bell, John Corpolongo, Greg Crawford, Rene' Daman, Angela Donley, Wanda Felty, John Gajda, Ellyn Hefner, Sonya Hunter, Consuela Logan, Eddie Miller, Terry Trego
2. ROLL CALL – Angela Donley, Secretary;
3. *APPROVAL OF MINUTES – September 13, 2018;
4. DDS UPDATE – Beth Scrutchins DDS director;
- Concluded stakeholder meetings. Next step is to schedule a discussion on the information gathered with waiting list clients and providers.
- Laura Dester center converted to treatment center for children in Child Welfare custody with ID and MI diagnosis. Bring kids back to Oklahoma
- Expanding Prader-Willie Waiver
5. Oklahoma Stable, Oklahoma's Able Plan – Tim Allen Deputy Treasurer for Communications & Program Administration;
6. Tina Chance – Critical Incident Management Improvement Process;
- Handout from Tina
7. * APPROVAL OF RULES – Terry Trego, Policy Sub-Committee Chair;
- Policy changes will be deferred from voting on this date to do further research on terminology and will be discussed at the next meeting.
- OAC 340:100-5-34 is amended to:
- Add eligibility provisions to include a person may be eligible for Prader-Willi Syndrome (PWS) services when he or she provides documentation from a licensed physician that confirms a diagnosis of acquired PWS.
- Clarify when an applicant may be removed from the waiting list; and
- Clarify an applicant may remain on the PWS waiting list when he or she declines or the applicant is not 18 years of age.
6. *New Business;
- Need support system for volunteer court-appointed guardians and a way for them to have the option to be removed as guardian aside from death/illness.
7. PUBLIC COMMENT –
* Possible Action Item