What to expect from your Licensing Specialist
Child Care Licensing Specialists are here to help you succeed in your child care business, but also to ensure you meet state licensing requirements.
Licensing specialists will also:
- Visit licensed child care facilities three times a year to monitor their compliance with state licensing requirements
- Consult with child care staff on how to meet requirements
- Offer free training to caregivers on providing quality child care
- Inform prospective owners and operators about licensing requirements for starting child care facilities
- Work with parent, child care providers and other agencies and organizations to advocate for quality child care.
To get more information about what you can expect, contact your local licensing specialist.