Skip to main content

Hearing and Appeal Processes

Grievance Process 
The owner or director of a licensed child care program may file a grievance or complaint regarding the application of any written or unwritten policy, rule or regulation, or any decision by an employee of DHS which affects the program. A grievance or complaint will not be accepted concerning an Emergency Order, denial or revocation of a child care program license. Individuals wanting to file a grievance or complaint are encouraged to seek informal resolution of his or her concerns by contacting the appropriate licensing supervisor, who attempts to resolve the matter. 

Child Care Programs/Family Child Care Homes: 340:110-1-15. Grievance and complaint policy and procedure
Residential and Child Placing Agencies: 340: 110-1-54. Grievance and Compliant policy and procedure

Administrative Review for a Star Reduction 
When a notice of Star reduction is issued, the owner or director of a licensed child care program has the right to request an administrative review. The purpose of the administrative review is to determine if the reduction was in accordance with DHS policy and whether the reduction is substantially supported by evidence. 
Child Care Programs/Family Child Care Homes: 
340:110-1-8.3. Certification of facilities to receive a differential quality rating and improvement level 

Appealing a legal action such as an Emergency order or denial of license 
Child Care Programs/Family Child Care Homes
340:110-1-9.4. Emergency Order 340:110-1-10. Revocation or denial of license
Residential and Child Placing Agencies
340:110-1-52. Legal Actions

Child Care Restricted Registry (Joshua’s List)
A potential registrant has the right to appeal their placement on the Child Care Restricted Registry (Joshua’s List) 340:110-1-10.1. Child Care Restricted Registry

Use the Child Care Locator/Summary of Program Monitoring to view a summary of program monitoring reports for your a child care program or to search for quality child care in Oklahoma.  View the Child Care Locator Fact Sheet.

For Additional Assistance in locating Child Care, contact: Oklahoma Child Care Resource and Referral.

Back to Top