Skip to main content

File a Complaint or View Case Files

Filing a complaint
It is your responsibility to discuss any concerns you may have with your child’s caregiver.

If your specific concern involves non-compliance with licensing requirements, you may file a complaint with the Child Care Licensing Specialist for your county.

Concerns and complaints regarding a child's care at a family child care home, child care center, school-age program, or part-day program may be reported to the local DHS licensing office. Complaints are registered and investigated by a Licensing Specialist who will follow-up with the complainant upon request after the investigation has been completed.

Viewing case files
The case files of child care centers and family child care homes are open to the public.

Appointments may be made to view these files in the county Oklahoma Department of Human Services (DHS) Licensing Services office.

A Child Care Licensing Specialist will be available to discuss the file with you and answer any questions you may have about the contents of a file.

For more information about Oklahoma Child Care Services and its services, you can contact us by email or by phone at (405) 521-3561 or 1-844-834-8314.

Back to Top