Elder Abuse Prevention
Every Oklahoman has a moral and legal responsibility to report suspected elder abuse, neglect or exploitation. The identity of the reporter is kept confidential.
- Stay connected to the elders in your life - relatives, friends, neighbors, co-workers and church members – and encourage them to stay connected to those who care about them.
- Encourage elders to make plans for financial management and care should they become unable to take care of themselves.
- Be careful about taking on too much when you try to help.
- If you have any information about Medicaid provider fraud or patient abuse, please report it to Attorney General Mike Hunter's Medicaid Fraud Unit at (405) 522-2963 or complete the form.
- Learn to recognize the warning signs of possible elder abuse, including self-neglect, and report suspicious situations to the police or Adult Protective Services as soon as you're aware of them.