340:50-15-9. Terminating and writing-off Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) overpayment claims
(a) Per Section 273.18(e)(8) of Title 7 of the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR), a:
(1) terminated overpayment claim is a claim in which all collection action has ceased; and
(2) written-off claim is a claim no longer considered a receivable subject to continued federal and state collection and reporting requirements.
(b) When an overpayment claim is paid in full, the household is notified the debt was satisfied.
(c) Adult and Family Services (AFS) Benefit Integrity and Recovery Section (BIRS) staff terminate and write off Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) overpayment claim(s) when:
(1) all adult household members die;
(2) the claim balance is $25 or less and the claim has been delinquent for 90 calendar days or more UNLESS other claims exist against this household resulting in an aggregate claim total of greater than $25;
(3) the claim is delinquent for three years or more; or
(4) the household cannot be located for three years or more.