340:25-5-215.1. Collection of past-due support from federal administrative offsets
The Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Support Enforcement Division may collect child support debts through administrative offsets of federal benefit programs unless a payment is exempt from offset by federal law or by action of the Secretary of the Treasury. Administrative offsets are governed by:
(1) the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, Public Law 104-134;
(2) Executive Order 13019, Supporting Families: Collecting Delinquent Child Support Obligations; and
(3) Section 285.1 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations. • 1
(1) Administrative offset and income withholding are not applied to the same income.
(2) Federal Work Study wages is an example of income exempt from administrative offset.
(3) Federal retirement payments, vendor and travel reimbursement payments, and federal salaries are examples of payments subject to administrative offset.