340:25-5-203.2. Insurance Intercept
(a) Legal basis. Oklahoma Child Support Services (OCSS) maintains an insurance intercept match process to identify noncustodial parents' assets and issue liens and levies on claims of noncustodial parents who are in noncompliance with an order for support under Section 237B of Title 56 of the Oklahoma Statutes.
(b) Definitions. The following words and terms, when used in this Section, shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Claimant" means either a first party claimant, a third party claimant, or both, and includes such claimant's designated legal representatives and includes a member of the claimant's immediate family designated by the claimant. [36 O.S. §1250.2]
(2) "Third party claimant" means any individual, corporation, association, partnership, or other legal entity asserting a claim against any individual, corporation, association, partnership, or other legal entity insured under an insurance policy or insurance contract. [36 O.S. §1250.2]
(c) Insurance intercept age requirement. Insurance companies subject to the requirements of Section 237B of Title 56 of the Oklahoma Statutes are not required to check for matches of any claimant’s claims where the claimant is 13 years of age or younger.
(d) Insurance intercept validation practices. OCSS accepts either a claimant’s Social Security number or name and date of birth as match verification criteria for compliance with Section 237B of Title 56 of the Oklahoma Statutes. • 1 through 3
INSTRUCTIONS TO STAFF
1. Review of insurance liens and levies follows the process for administrative review under OAC 340:25-5-200.1.
2. The district office state's attorney must approve all settlements of a lien or levy against insurance proceeds.Child support staff document the settlement terms on the automated Oklahoma Support Information System Case Log Add (CSLOGA) screen.
3. Inquiries regarding payments from the insurance company are processed by the Center for Coordinated Programs insurance intercept coordinator.