340:2-7-27. Audit scope
(a) Audit work requirements. Required audits of grant recipients and subrecipients contracted by the Oklahoma Department of Human Services (OKDHS) must be organization-wide audits. Each OKDHS program area must ensure compliance with audit requirements and include audit requirements in its standard contract agreements. Audit work must meet:
(1) applicable Government Auditing Standards established by the United States Government Accountability Office;
(2) auditing directives specified in circulars issued by the United States Office of Management and Budget;
(3) standards issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board; and
(4) standards issued by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants.
(b) Audit completion. All audit work and report requirements must be completed no later than nine months from the fiscal year end of the recipient or subrecipient. An OKDHS division may require audit work and reporting requirements to be completed in a shorter time frame when stipulated by contract.
(c) Audit working papers. All audit working papers:
(1) must be kept on file for three years or until all questioned items have been resolved;
(2) must be available for inspection by the audited organization, the federal and state funding agency, and other authorized individuals; and
(3) may be reviewed by the OKDHS Audit Oversight Committee.