340:105-10-11. State Agency responsibilities
(a) Policy. The State Agency has responsibilities related to the provisions of the Older Americans Act (OAA) to:
(1) develop a State Plan on Aging as prescribed by the Administration for Community Living;
(2) administer the State Plan on Aging;
(3) coordinate all state activities related to the OAA purposes and actively pursue resource development at all levels of the aging network;
(4) serve as an effective and visible advocate for older Oklahomans;
(5) divide the state into planning and service areas for the purpose of designating Area Agencies on Aging (AAA);
(6) serve as a clearinghouse for the exchange of information pertinent to older Oklahomans;
(7) provide consultation, technical assistance, and training to AAAs and Title III project staffs related to their responsibilities under Title III of the OAA;
(8) develop rules and program standards, as appropriate, to carry out the mission of the OAA at all levels of the Title III aging network by:
(A) convening intra and interagency task forces to review program issues and make recommendations for policy development;
(B) submitting proposed policy for review and comment to the appropriate:
(i) Title III aging network entities; and
(ii) Oklahoma Human Services staff; and
(C) distributing the codified rules to the Title III aging network; and
(9) determine election regarding nutrition services incentive program (NSIP) cash payments in lieu of agricultural commodities and products purchased by the United States Secretary of Agriculture for all or any portion thereof.
(b) Authority. The authority for this Section are Sections 305(a)(1) and 311(d)(1) of the OAA of 1965, as amended.
(c) Procedures. Procedures are outlined separately in this Part for areas of responsibility identified in (a) of this Section.
(d) Cross references. Refer to Oklahoma Administrative Code 340:105-10-13 through 340:105-10-25.