340:105-10-25. Commodity and cash in lieu election
(a) Policy. The State Agency determines election regarding nutrition services incentive program (NSIP) cash payments in lieu of agricultural commodities and products purchased by the United States (U.S.) Secretary of Agriculture for all or any portion thereof.
(b) Authority. The authority for this Section is Section 311(d)(1) of the Older Americans Act of 1965, as amended.
(c) Procedures. The State Agency elects to receive agricultural commodities and products purchased by the U.S. Secretary of Agriculture or cash payments in lieu for all or any portion by:
(1) determining the capacity level of nutrition programs to utilize commodities;
(2) determining if there is any monetary advantage in utilizing commodities;
(3) determining if there is an adequate variety of commodities, efficient distribution, and storage facilities;
(4) determining the views of the Area Agencies on Aging and local nutrition projects; and
(5) submitting election to the federal agency.
(d) Cross references. See OAC 340:105-10-11(a)(9).