317:30-3-60. General program exclusions - children
(a) The following are excluded from SoonerCare coverage for children:
(1) Inpatient admission for diagnostic studies that could be performed on an outpatient basis.
(2) Services or any expense incurred for cosmetic surgery unless the physician certifies the procedure emotionally necessary.
(3) Services of two (2) physicians for the same type of service to the same member on the same day, except when supplemental skills are required and different specialties are involved.
(4) Pre-operative care within twenty-four (24) hours of the day of admission for surgery and routine post-operative care as defined under the global surgery guidelines promulgated by Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
(5) Sterilization of members who are under twenty-one (21) years of age, mentally incompetent, or institutionalized or reversal of sterilization procedures for the purposes of conception.
(6) Non-therapeutic hysterectomies.
(7) Induced abortions, except when certified in writing by a physician that the abortion was necessary due to a physical disorder, injury or illness, including a life-endangering physical condition caused by or arising from the pregnancy itself, that would place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed, or that the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest. [See Oklahoma Administrative Code (OAC) 317:30-5-6 or 317:30-5-50].
(8) Medical services considered experimental or investigational. For more information regarding experimental or investigational including clinical trials, see OAC 317:30-3-57.1.
(9) Services of a Certified Surgical Assistant.
(10) Services of a Chiropractor.
(11) More than one (1) inpatient visit per day per physician.
(12) Payment to the same physician for both an outpatient visit and admission to hospital on the same date.
(13) Physician services which are administrative in nature and not a direct service to the member including such items as quality assurance, utilization review, treatment staffing, tumor board review or multidisciplinary opinion, dictation, and similar functions.
(14) Payment for the services of social workers, licensed family counselors, registered nurses or other ancillary staff, except as specifically set out in Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA) rules.
(15) Direct payment to perfusionist as this is considered part of the hospital reimbursement.
(16) Charges for completion of insurance forms, abstracts, narrative reports or telephone calls.
(18) A routine hospital visit on date of discharge unless the member expired.
(b) Not withstanding the exclusions listed in (1)-(18) of subsection (a), the Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and Treatment Program (EPSDT) provides for coverage of needed medical services normally outside the scope of the medical program when performed in connection with an EPSDT screening and prior authorized.