Reasonable cost of Transportation and Lodging to Obtain Medical Treatment or Services
Approve transportation costs based on the type of transportation, and verify these costs and document them in FACS Case Notes.
- When the client uses the client’s own vehicle, give the State's current mileage reimbursement.
- When the client uses public transportation, use the actual cost.
- When paying a non-household member for transportation, use the amount charged.
Only allow lodging expenses when the member must spend the night away from home for medical services.
- It requires proof of medical treatment and receipts of the lodging expense.
- It does not include meals or other incidentals.