Skip to main content

Maintaining an Attendant, Homemaker, Home Health Aide, Child Care Services, or a Housekeeper

Maintaining an attendant, homemaker, home health aide, child care services, or a housekeeper is allowable if this it is necessary due to age, infirmity, or illness.

  • If this expense is also dependent care, it is a medical expense rather than dependent care.
  • If the household furnishes a majority of the caretaker's meals, add an amount equal to one SNAP allotment to the medical expense for meals the caretaker eats. Use the amount in effect at certification  
Back to Top