Changes Reported during a Non-report Month
- When you make a change to a change reporting household's food benefits, the system increases, decreases, or closes food benefits. Update the Notice Indicator (IMS C9) to ensure the household receives appropriate notice.
- When you make a change to an annual or semi-annual reporting household's food benefits in a non-report month, the system determines the impact on benefits.
- Changes that increase benefits are effective the month you make the change. Verify any changes that increase benefits.
- Changes that might decrease benefits are subject to the benefit reporting rules. This means that only certain changes decrease or close benefits before the MCR or CR.
For annual and semi-annual reporting households, food benefits only decrease or close in a non-report month when:
- the household's income exceeds the income standard;
- the household requests to close the benefit;
- you receive verified upon receipt information;
The system defers any other changes that decrease benefits until the MCR or CR. Inform clients of this so that they understand their benefit may decrease at that time.
Policy on this topic is located at 340:50-9-5.