Immediately following your eligibility determination, the system will generate a notice to be sent to the applicant household. The notice will inform them of your action to approve or deny benefits. The applicant is entitled to receive a certification or denial notice no later than 30 calendar days after the initial application date. Click here to read about what to do in a processing delay.
If a client is found to be eligible and is certified, they will receive a notice that informs the household of:
- The beginning date and length of the certification period
- The benefit amount of the allotment and any variation in the benefit level based on –
- Changes anticipated at the time of certification
- Differences caused because retroactive benefits are calculated using different income or the initial month's benefits are prorated
- Their right to a fair hearing
Expedited Certification and Expiration Notice
- Informs the client that some verification or an interview was waived because they qualify for expedited processing.
- The expiration date for SNAP.
- The conditions for reapplying timely.
If you deny a client's SNAP application, the notification will inform the household of:
- The reason for the denial.
- Their right to request a fair hearing.*
*More on the fair hearing procedures coming soon!