The LIHEAP Unit preauthorizes households who
- received a State Supplemental Payment (SSP), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) payment for all 12 months of the last year;
- received the same LIHEAP component last year;
- have the same address as last year;
- have the same household members as last year; and
- did not receive income greater than the eligibility guidelines during the last year.
Households must file a LIHEAP application between preauthorization periods, so they cannot be preauthorized for summer cooling and winter heating in the same federal fiscal year; October through September.