The Notice of Overpayment (Form 08OP118E*) informs the client of available repayment options.
Repayment options include repaying the overpayment claim:
- In one lump sum by
- Personal check
- Money Order
- Cashier's check
- EBT debit with a signed statement
- In regular monthly installments, when they have an approved repayment agreement on file with AFS BIR
- Payment can be made in the same methods as a lump sum
- By applying any lost benefit due to the household toward the food benefit claim
- By authorizing a voluntary payment through a debit from the EBT Access account.
- Client or authorized representative must mail, fax, or email a signed statement to AFS BIR giving permission for the debit before BIR staff debits the account
- By applying expunged food benefits toward the food benefit overpayment claim when known and identified
- Expunged food benefits are benefits remaining in an EBT account the household hasn't accessed for at least one year
- By court ordered restitution
*Form is internal only and can be found on the Infonet