BIR Staff Role with Intentional Program Violation
When AFS BIR staff establishes and classifies an overpayment based on an intentional program violation or fraud, they:
- Remove the disqualified person from the SNAP food benefit or closes the SNAP benefit on fraud when it is a one person household*
- To ensure a household doesn't receive a benefit increase when a person is disqualified, AFS BIR staff codes the person as disqualified in FACS on the Household tab in the Interview Notebook
- Mail Program Penalty / Disqualification Notice (Form 08AD019E**) to the household
- Enter the following into the SNAP disqualification database –
- Person's name
- Date the disqualification began
- Length of the disqualification period
After the person is entered, they will appear on the Food Stamp Disqualification (FSD) data exchange screen.
*You count the total gross income of the disqualified person in determining the remaining household members' eligibility.You should also count all deductions.More on disqualified households here.
**Form is internal only and can be found on the Infonet