Child Care requires a statement from a professional in order to approve protective and preventive child care for more than 30 days.
Who is a professional?
- A professional is a person who, due to their training or occupation, ordinarily works to improve a family's stability or functioning.
Examples include but are not limited to
- a doctor,
- a counselor,
- a therapist,
- a child welfare specialist,
- a SoonerStart worker,
- a CHBS (Comprehensive Home-Based Services) case manager,
- a homeless counselor, or
- a representative of an agency working with natural disaster victims.
- To write a statement, the professional must work with, care for, or provide assistance to the household.