Activities that do not meet the need requirement
- seeking job search outside of TANF Work Activities,
- taking online or television-based courses where the client does not have to attend live broadcasts,
- taking undergraduate courses or other training that does not lead to a degree or certificate,
- attending postgraduate courses,
- attending a formal education or training program in a two parent or caretaker household where both parents or caretakers attend at the same time,
- seeking transportation only,
- attending volunteer hours or jury duty,
- seeking care during school hours when the client chooses to homeschool their children at night, or
- providing foster care and does not meet the eligibility rules per 340:75-7-65.
Document in case notes when the parent is performing a non-qualifying activity that affects how much Child Care you are approving or that explains why you are not approving Child Care.