After collecting all required verification, email Child Care Subsidy prior to certifying protective or preventive child care.
Your email must include:
- how the household's circumstances lead to a risk of neglect, abuse, or exploitation,
- how child care eliminates or substantially reduces the risk to a child in the household,
- the names and ages of all children in the household,
- the days and hours each child needs care,
- how the household plans to reduce or eliminate the need for subsidized care,
- an explanation of why the support system available to the family cannot meet their need,
- an explanation of why the family cannot use any free alternatives to child care,
- how long the household needs subsidized child care,
- any circumstances that might excuse the household from paying a copayment,
- how long you believe the household must be excused from paying a copayment,
- whether you made a Child Welfare referral and, if not, why you did not feel it was necessary,
- how you are coordinating your efforts with Child Welfare Services and any other community partners (SoonerStart, mental health services, homeless agencies, etc.), and
- your opinion about whether Child Care Subsidy should approve child care.