Skip to main content

Diverting Income

Diverting Income is FACS coding that prevents income coded on the Income tab from counting toward a household's eligibility. There are three reasons when you need to divert income from a Child Care benefit.

  1. Household members may receive other DHS benefits in addition to Child Care. When the program rules differ, you must sometimes divert the income coded in FACS. This happens when income countable for another DHS benefit is not countable from the Child Care benefit.

  2. Household may also include a child who is attending an Early Head Start-Child Care Partnershipor Oklahoma Early Childhood Program provider. You may need to divert their income for this household. They qualify to have their income diverted when a child is receiving an EHS-CCP curriculum, the household's parents or caretakers meet a need factor while a child in the household attends EHS-CCP, and the household qualifies based on their income.

  3. Household income does not count toward the Child Care eligibility until it is available to the household. At the renewal, you may need to divert new income.  Divert new income at the renewal when you verify the household will receive new income but has yet to receive a full payment. The Remedy process involves coding and diverting the full anticipated monthly amount before you send Remedy instructions on how to count the income. Quest details this process here.

You divert the income from the Child Care benefit by entering a value in the E47 Total Diverted Income. This is the amount you want to exclude from the Child Care eligibility calculations.

After saving, check the IMS GE screen in order to make certain you have diverted the correct amount on the case

Back to Top