Skip to main content

Crime Victims Compensation Act Payments

Victims of violent crimes may apply to receive compensation for their damages. In Oklahoma, a victim applies with the local district attorney or the District Attorneys Council. Information about the Oklahoma program is available here. The current legal authority for this program comes from the Victim of Crime Act of 1984 and 42 USC § 10602.

The compensation may cover funeral expenses, income loss, medical or dental expenses, rehab expenses, counseling services, or cleaning up a crime scene. 

Do not count the payments from this fund as household income.

Back to Top