Skip to main content

Social Service Requests

Help connect the client to outside resources that might assist with the household’s needs. This includes both help offered inside and outside of DHS. When the household may benefit from a DHS program, begin the eligibility process. When the household needs help from outside of DHS, provide the client with information on how to get assistance.

Assisting the client may require you to contact service providers to ensure what types of aid are available. A useful resource is 211. It allows clients to locate service provider both over the phone and via the internet.

Remember to pay very close attention to any allegations of domestic violence or child abuse or neglect. When necessary or appropriate, provide the Safeline number (1-800-522-7233), Domestic Violence resources, and the Address Confidentiality Program, and make referrals to Child Welfare (1-800-522-3511).

Back to Top