Skip to main content


The parent or caretaker must declare they are living in Oklahoma in order to receive Child Care benefits. They make this declaration during the application process. During the interview, accept the client's statement of where they reside unless you have verification that contradicts his or her statement.

When the household reports an out-of-state residence, deny the application, or close the Child Care benefit.

Commuting from another state is not acceptable. You may approve non-custodial parents who live in Oklahoma for the time their out-of-state child is visiting. See the processing instructions for a child in a joint custody situation. The focus is on where the household lives not where they work for this requirement.

Policy covers residency at 340:40-7-5(b).

Back to Top