How to Apply for a Job
To apply for jobs, select a link below if you are a(n) ... (Please note: Any link will connect with the OMES Human Capital Management careers website where all state recruitments can be found.)
Applicant who has never held a permanent status in any classified position with the State of Oklahoma may apply for any category listed below (this may include probationary or unclassified employees and any temporary or contract employees). Regular Classified Employment Opportunities This section also includes the Direct Hire opportunities below, which are open to all applicants meeting the required minimum qualifications:
- Child Welfare Specialist – requires Bachelor’s degree.
- Health Care Management Nurse – requires RN license.
Applicant currently in a permanent, classified status or former permanent classified state employee eligible for reinstatement (no reinstatement expirations once permanent status in the classified service is obtained). Click the link below: Internal Job Openings
- Oklahoma State Service classified ONLY - Inhouse Promotional - open to current or former DHS employees only.
- Interagency or Reinstatement (OK State Service classified ONLY) - open to current or former DHS employees, interagency, and applicants with reinstatement eligibility.
Applicant seeking an Unclassified position. Click the link below: Unclassified Positions
- Open to the public – open to all applicants; former State of Oklahoma service is not required.