Preventive services help detect health problems early and can keep you from getting really sick. Medical treatments usually work best in early stages of disease as well. SoonerCare pays for many preventive services to keep you healthy:
- Physical exams and lab tests
- Pap smears for cervical cancer screening
- Family planning
- Prescription medicines for management of chronic diseases
Preventive services also include monitoring and advice to help you take care of your own health:
We have a team of medical professionals who help coordinate health care for SoonerCare members.
Care Management Department: (877) 252-6002
The SoonerCare Care Management unit has highly qualified professionals to assist you with complex medical situations.
Behavioral Health Services: (800) 652-2010
Behavioral health services provider information and mental health issues.
Additional health information
- Oklahoma Tobacco Helpline: (800) Quit-Now or (800) 784-8669
- Resource Center, 1-877-NO-BUTTS, 1-866-ONLY-AIR
- OHCA Rules on Smoking Cessation (See Section of the Rules: OAC 317:30-5-2(a)(1)(EE))
U.S. Surgeon General's Family History Initiative - Tracing the illnesses suffered by your parents, grandparents, and other blood relatives can help your doctor predict the disorders to which you may be at risk and take action to keep you and your family healthy.