Living Choice/Money Follows the Person
Money Follows the Person (MFP) is a federal program designed to transition individuals with disabilities and long-term illnesses from the institution back into their homes in the community. The Living Choice Project is Oklahoma’s name for the MFP grant and is administered by the Oklahoma Health Care Authority (OHCA). The program promotes community-based services instead of institutional services.
Depending on the person's needs, services may include:
- Adult day services
- Case management
- Home-delivered meals
- Personal care
- Skilled nursing
- Transitional funds (one-time allotment of up to $2,400)
To be eligible, an individual must meet the following requirements:
- Be at least 19 years of age;
- Qualify for SoonerCare (Oklahoma’s Medicaid program) for at least one day prior to transition;
- Have lived in an institutional setting (nursing home, intermediate care facility) for at least 90 consecutive days prior to transition;
- Voluntarily want to transition back into the community;
- Be willing to play an active role in your plan of care.
How to Apply
- You may apply online here.
- Or submit an application via fax (405-530-7265) or mail to OHCA, Attention Living Choice Unit, 4345 N. Lincoln Blvd., Oklahoma City, OK 73105.