The IRS 1095-B form documents the persons and months in 2020 where they had qualifying insurance coverage. Please click here for more information about the 1095-B and the health insurance mandate.
Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 1095-B Tax Information Form
- IRS form 1095-B is not required to file your taxes.
- According to IRS Notice, 2020-76, OHCA is not required to mail form 1095-B. However, one can be requested.
- An IRS 1095-B form will be issued to all SoonerCare or Insure Oklahoma IP members who were listed as the case head on their application for calendar year 2020. The 1095-B form will include all other members listed on that case.
- If you and everyone listed on your 1095-B form will not file or will not be claimed as a dependent on a 2020 federal tax return, then you may ignore the IRS 1095-B form.
- Consult with your tax preparer if you have questions or need tax advice. Please do not call or contact SoonerCare or Insure Oklahoma as we cannot answer any tax questions or give any tax advice.
1095-B Form FAQs
Once you log into your SoonerCare account, you can print a copy from the letters section of your case. If you have no access to a printer or would like a form mailed to you, please contact the SoonerCare helpline Member Services unit at SoonerCare at 1-800-987-7767.
If OKDHS made your SoonerCare eligibility determination, then you will not have a mysoonercare.org account. Instead, you will need to call the SoonerCare helpline at 1-800-987-7767 to request the form be mailed to you.
For those who have Insure Oklahoma - Employer Sponsored Insurance (ESI), your insurance carrier (Aetna, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Coventry, etc.) is responsible for your 1095-B form and not OHCA. Please check with your insurance carrier or your employer regarding questions about your 1095-B form.
Form 1095-B is not required to file your taxes. According to IRS Notice, 2020-76, OHCA is not required to mail form 1095-B. If you’d like to retain a copy for your records, you may log into your SoonerCare account and print a copy from the letters section of your case. However, if you have no access to a printer and would like to retain a copy for your records, please contact the SoonerCare helpline at 1-800-987-7767 and the form will be mailed to you.
OHCA will Issue 1095-B forms to only those SoonerCare and Insure Oklahoma IP members who had insurance coverage types that meet the definition of Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) as described in the Affordable Care Act (ACA). All of the following insurance coverage types - SoonerCare Choice, SoonerCare Traditional or Insure Oklahoma (IP or ESI), meet MEC requirements.
Not all of the insurance coverage types or services alone provided by OHCA meet MEC requirements. People who only had any of the coverage types listed below will not receive a 1095-B form as these coverage types do not meet the ACA’s definition of MEC:
- Soon-To-Be Sooners (STBS or STBS-M)
- SoonerPlan (family planning program)
- Treatment of emergency medical conditions
- Tuberculosis-related services
- Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (DMHSAS)
1095-B Confidentiality and personal identity regulations
Please be aware that the federal Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act (HIPAA) prevents OHCA employees or their contracted staff to talk to anyone other than the case head regarding anything on a SoonerCare or Insure Oklahoma member’s case.
If you were not the case head on the day the 1095-B was generated, then you were not mailed a 1095-B form.