SH-29 in Stephens County, OK
|Bray-Doyle Public School Cafeteria
1205 S. Brooks Road
|July 11th, 2017
5:30 - 7:30 P.M.
Should you have any questions regarding this project, please email email@example.com, or call 405-325-3269 and leave a detailed message.
To present the proposed design for this highway segment and receive public comment.
ODOT has tasked a Consultant to develop alternatives for correcting the roadway deficiencies while taking into consideration construction costs, right-of-way and utility costs, and environmental constraints which include Lake Fuqua which is a protected resource under Section 4(f) of the Transportation Act.
- Alternative A - Do nothing and maintain existing conditions.
- Alternative B - Improve existing alignment; requires closing highway or temporary pavement along entire project length to maintain traffic during construction. Requires impacts to both sides of the existing highway.
- Alternative C - Improve roadway with a 90-feet offset to the north, then transition to the south; uses existing lanes to maintain traffic during construction. Requires more additional Right-of-Way than Alternative D.
- Alternative D - Improve roadway with a 60-feet offset to the north, then transition to the south; uses existing lanes to maintain traffic during construction. Requires more construction phasing than Alternative C.
- Alternative E - Improve roadway with a 30-feet offset to the north, then transition to the south; uses existing lanes to maintain traffic during construction. Requires extensive temporary pavement and construction phasing, and impacts both sides of the existing highway.
After analysis and consideration of the alternative, SH-29 is proposed to be reconstructed on a 60-feet offset (Alternative D) from the existing highway. The offset alignment will be sixty (60) feet north of the existing roadway for the first 4.8 miles and sixty (60) feet south of the existing roadway for the remaining 6.7 miles. This shift in the alignment is to reduce impacts to residential relocations and avoid oil well locations. The project will also include the replacement / extension of the six bridges within the project limits and safety improvements tothe intersection of SH-29 and SH-76. The proposed Roadway will have two (2) 12-feet wide driving lanes and8-feet shoulders. Two lanes will be open for through traffic during all phases of construction.
ALL COMMENTS NEED TO BE RECEIVED BY THE END OF BUSINESS ON
October 18, 2020
Submit Online: Comment Form
NOTE: To submit this Comment Form by email please download the form. Use your Adobe Reader to fill in your information and leave your comment, then select the Submit by Email button. You can also fill in the downloaded form and send it as an email attachment if you are on a public computer, or email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not currently have an Adobe Reader, you can download a free copy at https://get.adobe.com/reader/
ODOT Environmental Programs Division
OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION
200 N.E. 21st Street
Oklahoma City, OK 73105-3204