Drop-In Center for US-62 in Muskogee County, OK
|Fort Gibson Town Hall
200 W. Poplar Street
Fort Gibson, OK 74434
|November 3rd, 2016
3:00 PM - 6:00 PM
Should you have any questions regarding this project, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 405-325-3269 and leave a detailed message.
The purpose of the Open House is to present information about the proposed Drop-In Center and obtain information from the public to further assist in the identification of critical social, economic, and environmental effects that may result from the project.
The Oklahoma Department of Transportation (ODOT), in cooperation with the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), is proposing to improve the safety of US-62 from Georgetown Road and extending east through the town of Fort Gibson approximately 3.5 miles to 2 Mile Road located in Muskogee County. ODOT programmed this project in the 8-year Construction Work Plan in 2010 to address the number of accidents that were occurring along the US-62 corridor near the town of Fort Gibson.
As part of our efforts to keep the public informed, ODOT has scheduled a Drop-In Center at the Fort Gibson Town Hall. The purpose of the Drop-In Center is to help inform the public of the departments proposed safety improvements to US-62, including the installation of a J-turn at 2 Mile Road and US-62. Those who are curious or have questions about the project can visit the Fort Gibson Town all at any time during the Drop-In center to talk with Mr. Chris Wallace, Division 1 Construction Engineer, as well as the deign team, Glover and Associates, Inc.
Additional information about the project and the upcoming meeting can be obtained from the following:
- At US-62 and Georgetown Rd., SH-10 will be realigned to the south side of the intersection and a traffic signal will be installed.
- At US-62 and Willey Rd. the intersection will be rotated to the east to square up Willey Road and US-62 and allowing for better sight distance for south bound Willey Rd. traffic.
- At US-62 and 2-Mile Road the intersection will be converted into a J-Turn intersection. This will be accomplished by squaring up north and south bound traffic to US-62 and closing the median opening. Traffic from 2-Mile road will only be able to make right hand turns onto and from the highway, and two new median openings will be created on either side of the intersection for vehicles to access the opposite direction of the highway by making a U-turn.
- Special Provisions have been added to the project to not interrupt Willey Road while school is in session and Georgetown Road on the weekends for access to the soccer fields. We have also sequenced the work so that the first item of work to complete will be the intersection of 2-Mile road.
- Contract Time: 210 Calendar Days.
- Work expected to start early Spring 2017.