Annual Trash Poster Contest Rules
POSTER CONTEST RULES:
- Poster entries must provide a positive message and focus on solutions to Oklahoma's litter problems.
- 11" x 17" or 12" x 18" paper or posterboard preferred, if available.
Must be student’s ORIGINAL slogan and artwork, and be age appropriate within grade divisions.
- NO glue; NO glitter; NO attachments; NO signatures on front of posters!
- NO syndicated, copyrighted, name brands, Company or Corporate names, or clipart images!
- NO computer-aided or copy-machine poster entries!
- NO profanity; NO sexually explicit content; and NO drawings of a suggestable nature allowed.
- Attach FULLY COMPLETED ENTRY FORM to back of poster in "upper right corner".
- Reproducibility, spelling, grammar, and poster message also factors into judges' decisions. Use good lettering, high contrast, and bright colors on paper or posterboard preferred sizes 11" x 17" or 12" x 18".
- Please follow all poster contest rules or face disqualification of poster entry.
- Poster must be an ORIGINAL concept.
- Posters should be artistic, POSITIVE in approach and wording, and focus on solutions to Oklahoma's litter problems.
Poster entries must be mailed or delivered to your local County Department of Environmental Quality Office. The DEQ Offices judge each county’s posters and submit the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place county winners in the four grade divisions to the main DEQ Office in Oklahoma City by the end of February. The ODOT Beautification Office then coordinates the State Judging in March. Poster entries are judged with regards to:
- Quality of design
- Creativity and originality of the artwork
- Creativity and originality of the slogan
- Appropriate theme using "positive" approach and wording
- Consideration of age appropriateness for the grade division entered
- Correct spelling
- Following Trash Poster Contest rules
- Fully completed and legible Entry Form attached to back of poster entry