Tulsa Traffic Advisory 9-24-21
DRIVNG DRUNK = DEADLY: In 2020, there were 1,808 drunk-driving crashes in Oklahoma. Do your part to keep the road safe by #drivingsober. #SafetyClick
The projects below are weather permitting:
Major construction on the east leg IDL
Southbound US-75 (east leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop) is closed between Archer St. and US-64/SH-51 through spring 2022 for a resurfacing project. Various ramp closures that could impact traffic include:
- Westbound I-244 to southbound US-75
- Eastbound I-244 to southbound US-75
- Southbound US-75 to eastbound I-244/US-412
- Southbound US-75 to eastbound SH-51/US-64/Broken Arrow Expressway
- Southbound US-75 to westbound SH-51/US-64
- 8th St. on ramp to southbound US-75/westbound US-64/SH-51 and eastbound US-64/SH-51/Broken Arrow Expressway
- 7th St. off ramp from southbound US-75
- 1st St. off ramp from southbound US-75/westbound I-244/Admiral Blvd.
Traffic will detour to the other legs of the IDL. Traffic switches are expected later in the project to close northbound US-75. The entire project is expected to complete in early 2023, weather permitting.
I-44/US-75 interchange; Skelly and Union intersection closed until spring 2022
As part of a project to widen I-44 from west of the Arkansas River to Union Ave., and to improve the I-44/US-75 interchange, significant delays can be expected especially during peak travel times. Drivers are urged to give their full attention to the road while traveling in these corridors. The project is scheduled for overall completion in early 2023.
- The intersection of W. Skelly Dr. and S. Union Ave. is closed until spring 2022.
- Eastbound I-44 has reopened to two lanes.
- Union Ave. is closed over I-44 through early 2022. Union Ave. traffic will detour to 33rd W. Ave. for access across the interstate during this closure. Expect delays on this detour route and be alert to slower or stopped traffic.
- Drivers on southbound US-75 should be alert to traffic merging from the westbound I-44 on-ramp.
- The eastbound I-44 off-ramp to northbound US-75 (mm 224B) and the southbound US-75 off-ramp to eastbound I-44 are closed through early 2022. Consider an alternate route, such as I-244.
- The eastbound I-44 on-ramp from Skelly Dr. (located just west of Union Ave.) is closed until early 2023. Use the on-ramp at 33rd W. Ave. for access to eastbound I-44 from Skelly Dr. during this time.
- Skelly Dr. is closed between Union Ave. and Olympia Ave. until further notice.
SH-11 narrows near Pine St. on Monday
TDrivers can expect the following lane closures Monday as part of an ongoing sign and lighting project:
- The right lane of westbound SH-11 will be closed between Pine St. and E. Virgin St. (the entrance to Tulsa International Airport) from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The left lane of eastbound SH-11 will be closed between E. Virgin St. (the entrance to Tulsa International Airport) and Pine St. from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Oklahoma Turnpike Authority
The Oklahoma Turnpike Authority projects below are weather permitting:
I-44/Turner Turnpike narrowed near Sapulpa through 2021; Lane shifts on westbound I-44/Turner Turnpike on Thursday night
I-44/Turner Turnpike is narrowed to one lane in each direction between SH-364/Creek Turnpike (mm 218) near Sapulpa and 49th W. Ave. (mm 222A) in Tulsa through 2021 for ongoing reconstruction and widening.
- As part of this project, drivers should expect various lane closures on westbound I-44/Turner Turnpike between mm223 and mm222 from 10 p.m. Thursday through 6 a.m. Friday for striping work.
US-412/US-64/SH-51 narrowed near 49th W. Ave.; expect delays
Drivers should be alert to traffic shifts, shoulder closures and reduced speeds on east and westbound US-412/US-64/SH-51 between 49th W. Ave. and 65th W. Ave. until further notice as part of the Gilcrease Expressway project.
Ongoing Highway Construction Projects
Lanes closed at I-44/I-244 junction (western split)
Drivers can expect various lane closures on eastbound and westbound I-44 between 49th W. Ave. and the western I-44/I-244 split, and also on westbound I-244 at the I-44 split through September as part of an ongoing sign and lighting project.
Lanes narrowed on US-75 at Apache St. through February
Drivers should expect various lane closures on both northbound and southbound US-75 at Apache St. through February as part of a bridge rehabilitation project.
- The Apache St. on ramps to both northbound and southbound US-75 are closed as part of this project.
SH-66 narrows in Sapulpa area through October
Drivers can expect various lane closures and traffic shifts on east and westbound SH-66 (runs north/south in this area) in Creek County between the I-44/Turner Turnpike junction and the SH-364/Creek Turnpike junction through late October 2021 as part of a resurfacing project.
US-412/US-64/SH-51 narrowed near 81st. W. Ave.
Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound US-412/US-64/SH-51 between 49th W. Ave and 81st W. Ave. through September as part of an ongoing sign and lighting project.
- The left lane of westbound US-412 is closed from the 65th W. Ave off ramp to the 81st W. Ave. on ramp through September.
- The left lane of eastbound US-412 is closed from the 81st W. Ave off ramp to the 49th W. Ave on ramp through September.
Reduced speeds on SH-20 near Collinsville through summer 2022
Drivers should be alert to the construction zone and reduced speeds along eastbound and westbound SH-20 from the US-75 junction to Collinsville through summer 2022 as part of the ongoing SH-20 widening project.