Tulsa Traffic Advisory 5-14-21
BIKE AND PEDESTRIAN SAFETY: State and U.S. highways like historic Route 66 often serve as Main Street and the primary commercial corridor in many Oklahoma cities and towns. Safe bicycle and pedestrian access is good for small businesses and the local economy. #SafetyClick
The projects below are weather permitting:
SH-66 (N. Mission St.) narrows in Sapulpa Monday, daily
The right lane of westbound SH-66 (N. Mission St.) will be closed near Perkins Ave. in Sapulpa from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and daily through Friday for local utility work. Drivers should plan ahead for extra travel time in the area.
US-64/SH-51 narrows, ramp closes at Harvard Ave. Monday, daily
- Drivers can expect various lane closures on eastbound US-64/SH-51 (Broken Arrow Expressway) between Harvard Ave. and Yale Ave. from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday and daily through Friday for right-of-way maintenance.
- The eastbound US-64/SH-51 on-ramp from Harvard Ave. will also be closed during these times.
I-44/US-75 interchange; lane and ramp closures
As part of a project to widen I-44 from west of the Arkansas River to Union Ave., and to improve the I-44/US-75 interchange, significant delays can be expected especially during peak travel times. Drivers are urged to give their full attention to the road while traveling in these corridors. The project is scheduled for overall completion in early 2023.
- The eastbound I-44 off-ramp to northbound US-75 (mm 224B) and the southbound US-75 off-ramp to eastbound I-44 are closed through early 2022. Consider an alternate route, such as I-244.
- Drivers should be alert to various lane closures, down to one lane at times, on both east and westbound I-44 between the Arkansas River (mm 226) and Union Ave. (mm 224) until further notice.
- Northbound US-75 is narrowed to one lane at the I-44 junction until further notice.
- The eastbound I-44 on-ramp from Skelly Dr. (located just west of Union Ave.) is closed until early 2023. Use the on-ramp at 33rd W. Ave. for access to eastbound I-44 from Skelly Dr. during this time.
- Skelly Dr. is closed between Union Ave. and Olympia Avenue until further notice.
Lanes narrowed at I-44/I-244 junction (western split) through July
Drivers can expect various lane closures on east and westbound I-44 between 49th W. Ave. and the western I-44/I-244 split, and also on westbound I-244 at the I-44 split through July as part of an ongoing sign and lighting project.
SH-20 improvement project east of US-75 junction
Drivers should be alert to a construction zone and reduced speeds along east and westbound SH-20 from the US-75 junction to Collinsville through summer 2022 as part of a widening project.