I-40 ramps closed at Sunnylane Rd., S.E. 15th St. in Del City
This project is weather permitting:
The eastbound I-40 on-ramp from Sunnylane Rd. (mm 155A) and the eastbound I-40 off-ramp to S.E. 15th St. (mm 155B) are closed through May as part of ongoing bridge reconstruction.
Drivers may exit at Sunnylane Rd. to access S.E. 15th St. during this closure. To access eastbound I-40, motorists may use Scott St. (mm 154) or Sooner Rd. (mm 156A).
Motorists should be alert to these changes during peak commute hours and should expect congestion and delays in the area as traffic adjusts to this temporary configuration.
I-40 narrowed at Sunnylane Rd. in Del City through 2023
Eastbound and westbound I-40 is narrowed to two lanes between Sunnylane Rd. (mm 155A) and Hudiburg Dr. (mm 156B) for bridge reconstruction at Crutcho Creek, S.E. 15th St. and Sooner Rd. Other traffic impacts include:
- There are limited merge areas at the I-40 and Sunnylane Rd., S.E. 15th and Sooner Rd. on-ramps within the work zone Motorists are advised to be extra vigilant and use caution at ramps before merging.
- The eastbound I-40 Service Rd. will be narrowed to one lane between S.E. 15th St. and Hudiburg Dr. through spring 2021.
- Eastbound and westbound S.E. 15th St. is narrowed to one lane in each direction at the intersection with Vickie Dr./Tinker Diagonal through spring 2021 with temporary traffic signals being installed.
- The westbound S.E. 15th St. left turn onto the I-40 service road will be closed through spring.
- The eastbound lane of the northern I-40 service road is closed at S.W. 15th St. through spring 2021.
- Sooner Rd. is narrowed to one lane in each direction under I-40 through spring 2021. Motorists may use the service roads for a detour during the closure.
- Motorists are advised to locate an alternate route such as I-240 and US-62/N.E. 23rd St. or plan extra travel time and be prepared for delays in the area.