UPDATE: I-35 ramps close, I-35 narrows in Ardmore through late July
This project is weather permitting:
Motorists can expect to be intermittently slowed by law enforcement on northbound and southbound I-35 between SH-142 and US-70 West from 10 p.m. to 7 a.m. nightly Tuesday, July 20, through Thursday, July 22, for overhead sign work. During these times, motorists should be prepared to briefly come to a stop on the interstate.
Additionally, drivers can expect the following I-35 ramp and lane closures in Ardmore from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily Mondays through Thursdays and from 7 a.m. to noon Fridays through late July for ongoing sign installation that continues through summer 2021. Al lanes and ramps in this area will be open Saturdays and Sundays.
- UPDATE: Northbound I-35 will be narrowed to one lane between SH-53 (mm 42) and US-77 (mm 47) near Springer from 7-9 a.m. Wednesday;
- North and southbound I-35 will be intermittently narrowed to one lane between SH-142 (mm 33) and US-70 East (mm 29);
- The northbound I-35 off-ramp to Broadway St. (mm 31A) will be intermittently closed;
- The northbound I-35 on-ramps from eastbound and westbound US-70 West/Broadway St. will be intermittently closed;
- The southbound I-35 on-ramp from SH-142/Prairie Valley Rd. will be intermittently closed; and
- The southbound I-35 off-ramp to US-70 West (mm 31B) will be intermittently closed.
Drivers can expect delays and should be alert to shorter merging areas, as well as workers and equipment near traffic.
The nearly $3 million contract for this project to replace outdated I-35 signage in Carter, Love and Murray counties was awarded to Action Safety Supply Co., of Oklahoma City.
For more information on current I-35 corridor construction, visit https://oklahoma.gov/odot/citizen/major-projects/ongoing-projects/i-35-corridor-projects.html