November Transportation Commission meeting scheduled for Monday, Nov. 1
The Oklahoma Transportation Commission's monthly meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Nov. 1, in the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St., Oklahoma City. Members of the public and media may attend or watch the livestream video online.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
· Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will update the commission on the status of federal infrastructure legislation and budget talks in the U.S. Congress and ODOT’s preparation for winter weather.
· Commissioners will be asked to vote on whether to award contracts for several projects including US-270 Northwest Passage reconstruction and widening in Dewey County, I-40 wrong-way countermeasures to prevent wrong-way drivers between Oklahoma City and the Arkansas state line, and US-60 reconstruction between Pawhuska and Bartlesville.
· The commission will consider approval of an interagency agreement between ODOT and the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority for shared administrative and personnel services.
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
· Ustream (Turn up the volume on your computer or other device and on Ustream)
· Zoom (Link to meeting won’t be active until meeting is about to begin)
· The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later.
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 6.