July Transportation Commission meeting scheduled for Tuesday, July 6
Due to the Independence Day holiday, the Oklahoma Transportation Commission’s monthly meeting is scheduled to take place at 11 a.m. Tuesday, July 6, in the R.A. Ward Transportation Building, 200 N.E. 21st St., Oklahoma City. Members of the public and media may attend or watch the livestream video online.
Items to be addressed at the meeting:
- Secretary of Transportation and Oklahoma Department of Transportation Executive Director Tim Gatz will update the commission on federal transportation legislation being considered by U.S. Congress and funding for priority Oklahoma highway projects.
- Gatz will also brief commissioners on the recent report by the Legislative Office of Fiscal Transparency on the County Improvements for Roads and Bridges program and final recommendations from the Transportation Modernization Initiative that includes ODOT, the Oklahoma Turnpike Authority and the Oklahoma Aeronautics Commission.
- The commission will be asked to vote on whether to award contracts for I-44 resurfacing in Newcastle and southwest Oklahoma City and SH-266 pavement rehabilitation near the Tulsa Port of Catoosa.
- Commissioners are also expected to consider contracts for SH-33 shoulder improvements in Kingfisher and Logan counties and US-270 resurfacing in Ellis, Harper and Woodward counties.
The full agenda can be viewed at https://www.odot.org/tcomm/tcmeetings2021.htm and a list of bids for road and bridge projects that will be considered is available at https://www.odot.org/contracts/a2021/pdfs/lowbid2106.pdf
To watch the commission meeting video livestream:
- Visit https://video.ibm.com/channel/odot-monthly-commission-meeting
- Adjust the volume on your computer’s speakers and in the Ustream video player
- If the video doesn’t load or cuts out, try watching in a different web browser, such as Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox
- The meeting will also be recorded, captioned and available to the public online later
The commission, a nine-member panel appointed by the governor and legislative leaders to oversee the state’s transportation development, awards project contracts for road and bridge construction on a monthly basis.
The next Oklahoma Transportation Commission meeting is scheduled for 11 a.m. Aug. 2.
— www.odot.org —
(Editors and News Directors: For questions about Tuesday’s meeting, please call the ODOT Media & Public Relations Division at 405-521-6000.)